Friday, April 20, 2012

Feature Friday, Featuring Austin Avenue Cakes

This Friday's feature is especially SWEET (yes I had to do it) for me because this lovely lady- Tiffany Austin, owner of Austin Avenue Cakes- is a beautiful client of mine! Austin Avenue Cakes is a fantastic home-based cake business (serving Pierce and surrounding counties) and this girl has some talent! I asked Tiffany a few questions about her business:

What is your favorite part of your business?

My favorite part of being a cake decorator is being a part of so many special days. I have been a part of weddings, birthdays, and baby showers. There is always so much love in the air when I deliver cakes. In a world where there is so much unhappiness it is so good to be surrounded by that feeling.

How did you get into it?


It started something to get my mind off of my husbands deployment. He went to Iraq in 2004 and I was so bored and lonely. I saw cake decorating classes at the local craft store by my job and reworked my schedule so every Tuesday night I could be there.  I absolutely loved it. It turned into a business a couple years later when I got asked to do a wedding cake, and has continued from there!
 
What do you specialize in?
I love doing a little bit of everything but I especially love doing wedding cakes. Since we have not opened a location yet it is hard to find brides that want to go with a home baker. When I do get the chance to do them I relish in the moment, knowing that on their special day I can provide such an integral part. Kids cakes have to be the most fun though. Seeing their faces when their cake arrives is priceless!


Any thing specific you'd like to share (I.e. specials, stories, facts, etc)?

I guess it would be that baking is an art form, No matter where you are getting a cake from that person is putting a little piece of themselves into your cake. I am happy when I see anyone smile. That is enough for me! As soon as the Army is done relocating us we plan to settle in TX and open a bakery and share our love of sweet with as many as we can.
Contact Austin Avenue Cakes!
austinavenuecakes@gmail.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment