Friday, July 6, 2012

A Special Edition of Feature Friday Featuring RACHEL BRENKE!

This week I am SO excited to feature someone who is definitely considered a a celebrity in the photography world, my mentor, a fabulous business girl, an expert in law, a teacher to many, and an amazing photographer! 

Introducing the wonderful Rachel Brenke!  

I asked Rachel a series of questions and did this week's a bit more in an "interview" format...and hopefully we "get to know" Rachel a bit better.


Describe yourself in one word:  
Motivated

How long have you "officially" been in business? 
  2 years

What is your favorite part of your job? Most challenging? 
My favorite part is helping others - with my business consulting clients it's helping them get their business off the ground.  With my Photography client's it's helping them preserve a memory of their life in pictures! Most challenging - balancing 3 kids and the business.

How did you get into the business consulting side of your business? 
 I have an Masters in Business Administration (emphasis in marketing) and a law degree (emphasis in transactional law).  I knew I wanted to combine my passion for photography will my formal education.  I recognized the need in the industry to help others do it "right" because so many (including myself) are so overwhelmed with starting and running a business.


Where do you hope to be in 5 years (in life and business)?
I hope to have my own studio and a staff of multiple assistants.  It's hard to have a studio moving around with the military but it is a goal!

What is one thing that very few people know about you?  
Oh man.. I'm such an open book! I'm not very thick skinned, I'm too much of a people pleaser.

ONE piece of advice you would give those who are just starting out?   
  Anytime someone tells you that you can't do it, or to give up. DO IT.
THANK YOU to the fabulous Rachel Brenke for taking the time to answer these questions and allow me to feature her! If you are interested in eworkshops, mentoring, or if you are in the El Paso, TX area and want Rachel to do a session for you, you can find her at:
or

No comments:

Post a Comment